Last Modified: May 22, 2021
Donately Corporation ("Company," "we," or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our online properties (“Online Properties”) including https://donately.com (our "Website"), or https://dashboard.donately.com (our “Dashboard”), or https://pages.donately.com (our “Hosted Pages”), or https://api.donately.com (our “API”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Online Properties.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic exchanges between you and us.
- Through our embeddable donation form.
- By your use of our API.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, our Online Properties.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Online Properties are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, our Online Properties. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Online Properties, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any donations through our Pages, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Online Properties, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number ("personal information");
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Online Properties, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- When you directly provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Online Properties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Online Properties may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Online Properties, or on the websites of our business partners. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Online Properties, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Online Properties.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Online Properties. You may be required to provide financial information before making a donation through our Hosted Pages.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Online Properties, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Online Properties, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on our Online Properties.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
"Do Not Track" is a preference you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Online Properties and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Online Properties according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Online Properties.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Online Properties may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Online Properties. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Online Properties and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an e-mail] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
To present our Online Properties and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that
you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Online Properties or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Online Properties.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information other than as described below.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non- identifying information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Donately’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Donately about our Online Properties users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Donately, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
- Marketing Emails. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by adjusting the settings in your user account, or by using the unsubscribe button included with the marketing email.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing, Correcting, and Removing Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Dashboard and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Online Properties that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is encrypted and is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We limit access to our servers to ensure that your information is not viewable by any unauthorized parties. Additionally, we are PCI DSS v3.2 Compliant under the SAQ A standards.
All payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. We use Stripe as a payment gateway, and Stripe is fully PCI-compliant.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Dashboard, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Online Properties. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Online Properties.
Secure Forms & Campaign Pages
NO SETUP FEES OR HIDDEN COSTS
CUSTOM PRICING AS LOW AS .5%
5 MINUTES TO SIGN UP
NO LIMITED FUNCTIONS
INTEGRATE WITH EASE